[OpenAFS] Kerberos 5, AFS, and no krb524d

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 16:19:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Lukas Kubin wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Rodney M Dyer wrote:
>
> > What would please me more is getting rid of this "aklog" business
> > altogether and just adding the functionality right into "klog" with a "-v5"
> > option.
>
> I absolutely agree. Is there any reason why it still hasn't been done?
> I don't have much to say, since I'm just starting with OpenAFS/K5 but I
> know this is what I need. I've spent this week just by filling mailing
> lists looking for a solution how to enable Windows to mount AFS server
> using K5 tickets. Unsuccessfully.

Right, I guess it's worse than that. We've had trouble keeping up enough
developer resources to get a lot done on the Windows clients. Now we need
Kerberos for Windows support added.

> I'm not too skilled to help in programming it. Can I help any other way?

In fact having someone to program it is going to be precisely the problem
for Windows.