[OpenAFS] Kerberos 5, AFS, and no krb524d

Lukas Kubin kubin@opf.slu.cz
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 22:15:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Rodney M Dyer wrote:

> What would please me more is getting rid of this "aklog" business
> altogether and just adding the functionality right into "klog" with a "-v5"
> option.

I absolutely agree. Is there any reason why it still hasn't been done?
I don't have much to say, since I'm just starting with OpenAFS/K5 but I
know this is what I need. I've spent this week just by filling mailing
lists looking for a solution how to enable Windows to mount AFS server
using K5 tickets. Unsuccessfully.
I'm not too skilled to help in programming it. Can I help any other way?

lukas

> Rodney
>
> Rodney M. Dyer
> Windows Systems Programmer
> Mosaic Computing Group
> William States Lee College of Engineering
> University of North Carolina at Charlotte
> Email rmdyer@uncc.edu
> Phone (704)687-3518
> Help Desk Line (704)687-3150
> FAX (704)687-2352
> Office  267 Smith Building
>

> At 03:58 PM 6/6/2003 -0400, you wrote:
> > >Actually, what I think we really need is for grand.central.org to have a
> > >cvs repository that can be a one-stop source for aklog and some of these
> > >other addons. If they were all in one place, we could make some progress
> > >toward standardizing.
> >
> >Well, the afs-krb5 migration _is_ on grand.central.org, but I understand
> >why Derrick doesn't want to be in the aklog business.
> >
> >aklog ends up being a real pain in the ass piece of software.  It's tied
> >to both your Kerberos implementation _and_ your AFS implementation.  Just
> >compiling it can be a challenge.
> >
> >--Ken

- --
Lukas Kubin

phone: +420596398285
email: kubin@opf.slu.cz

Information centre
The School of Business Administration in Karvina
Silesian University in Opava
Czech Republic
http://www.opf.slu.cz