[OpenAFS] Kerberos 5, AFS, and no krb524d

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 16:14:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Rodney M Dyer wrote:

> What would please me more is getting rid of this "aklog" business
> altogether and just adding the functionality right into "klog" with a "-v5"
> option.
>
> IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK????????

Well, actually...

It means we have to:
-provide configure glue to find krb5.
-probably provide configure glue to figure out whose krb5 we found
and
-provide tools capable of compiling against all the krb5s we support,
which is going to be at least 2, and possibly 3 sometime in the future.

And then people will find new combinations of breakage that we didn't
test, and we'll have to resolve them, stretching the thin resources we
have even further.

But I agree with you that something needs to happen, and probably before
1.4.