[OpenAFS] OpenAFS and Krb5 on Win98

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 01:42:34 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Ryan Underwood wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 11:12:44PM -0500, Charles Clancy wrote:
> >
> > Best bet: download krb5-win32.exe from ftp.cmf.nrl.navy.mil.  It has a
> > krb5 client and a functional aklog.exe.  Install Win9x version of the
> > OpenAFS client, and be sure to start it with the appropriate command line
> > argument to disable kaserver authentication.  It should all just work.
>
> Actually, I never did get that aklog to work on any of my win98 machines.
> It simply crashes (in AKLOG.EXE).  As have all the other aklogs I've
> tried.

IIRC, the aklog.exe for win32 only works if your AFS principal is
afs@REALM.  It crashes if you use afs/cell@REALM.

As for the "appropriate command line argument," I don't remember.  It's in
the documentation.  It's not an option to afsd.exe; it's an option to the
little GUI.  I don't have a 98 box to play with at the moment.

[ t. charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]