[OpenAFS] OpenAFS and Krb5 on Win98

Lukas Kubin kubin@opf.slu.cz
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 18:36:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, Charles Clancy wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Ryan Underwood wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 11:12:44PM -0500, Charles Clancy wrote:
> > >
> > > Best bet: download krb5-win32.exe from ftp.cmf.nrl.navy.mil.  It has a
> > > krb5 client and a functional aklog.exe.  Install Win9x version of the
> > > OpenAFS client, and be sure to start it with the appropriate command line
> > > argument to disable kaserver authentication.  It should all just work.
> >
> > Actually, I never did get that aklog to work on any of my win98 machines.
> > It simply crashes (in AKLOG.EXE).  As have all the other aklogs I've
> > tried.
>
> IIRC, the aklog.exe for win32 only works if your AFS principal is
> afs@REALM.  It crashes if you use afs/cell@REALM.

This should be OK in my case

> As for the "appropriate command line argument," I don't remember.  It's in
> the documentation.  It's not an option to afsd.exe; it's an option to the
> little GUI.  I don't have a 98 box to play with at the moment.

I haven't found it in any available documentation but tried to browse the
binary file WinAfsLoad.exe itself. And voila! The parameter appears to be
"-noid". Is it right?

However, I still have no success. Without filling in the username and
password I click connect and nothing happens. After a while it reports I
should check my network connection. The last message in log is:

(16:22:45-660)AFSD Creation done - wait for notification

The connection is ok. I also checked if there are some UDP packets comming
to the AFS server from the client address in the moment I'm connecting.
They were.

What may cause this problem?

Thank you.

lukas

- --
Lukas Kubin

phone: +420596398285
email: kubin@opf.slu.cz

Information centre
The School of Business Administration in Karvina
Silesian University in Opava
Czech Republic
http://www.opf.slu.cz