[OpenAFS] Kerberos 5, AFS, and no krb524d

Ted Anderson TedAnderson@mindspring.com
Mon, 09 Jun 2003 15:00:46 -0400

On 6/9/2003 10:42, Nicholas Henke wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 15:23, Neulinger, Nathan wrote:
>>Actually, what I think we really need is for grand.central.org to have a
>>cvs repository that can be a one-stop source for aklog and some of these
>>other addons. If they were all in one place, we could make some progress
>>toward standardizing.
>>
>>Right now, it's just a jumble of different implementations from lots of
>>different locations.
>>
>>Even just a central downloads page with copies of all the relevant
>>pieces in one place would be a big improvement. I'm sure the three (4?)
>>afs implementations would be happy to direct traffic to one definitive
>>site.
>
> This would be absolutlely great -- there are 15 sites with bits and
> pieces of software, and to the newbie, it is really confusing on what we
> actuall need to use. Heck --- even a web page with some data on each one
> would be helpful.

It would seem that the AFS Wiki[1] would be a great spot for this
centralization.  The problem is that no one person has all the
information, so the fact that Wiki allows multiple authors could be just
the ticket.  There are already some pages there that deal with aspects
of the problem, but no one page that sums everything up.

Feel free to dive in there and add what you know.

Ted Anderson

[1] http://grand.central.org/twiki