[OpenAFS] Kerberos 5, AFS, and no krb524d

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
09 Jun 2003 15:29:28 -0400

Oh!  How silly of me.  AFS uses krb4 naming schemes, not krb5 naming
schemes.  This means that your krb5 principal
afsadmin/roughneck.liniac.upenn.edu needs to be interted into your
PTS and BOS UserList as a krb4 name:

        afsadmin.roughneck.liniac.upenn.edu

And you need the apprpriate quoting around the embedded periods
in the name (probably afsadmin.roughneck\.liniac\.upenn\.edu)

-derek