[OpenAFS] Kerberos 5, AFS, and no krb524d

Nicholas Henke henken@seas.upenn.edu
09 Jun 2003 15:35:39 -0400

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 15:29, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Oh!  How silly of me.  AFS uses krb4 naming schemes, not krb5 naming
> schemes.  This means that your krb5 principal
> afsadmin/roughneck.liniac.upenn.edu needs to be interted into your
> PTS and BOS UserList as a krb4 name:
>
>         afsadmin.roughneck.liniac.upenn.edu
>
> And you need the apprpriate quoting around the embedded periods
> in the name (probably afsadmin.roughneck\.liniac\.upenn\.edu)

Heh -- yeah I tried that as well -- no luck. Why the escaping of the
periods ?

Nic

BTW -- afs is also refusing to see my 'regular' k5 user name as well --
this is just henken@UPENN.EDU. I can kinit and aklog just fine, but afs
will not let me use the admin commands.

Nic
--
Nicholas Henke
Penguin Herder & Linux Cluster System Programmer