[OpenAFS] problem with openafs on a recompiled 2.4.20-8 kernel

Johann Cohen-Tanugi johann.cohen@pi.infn.it
12 Jun 2003 16:38:00 +0200

Hi,
thanks for answering quickly.

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 16:20, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Did you completely remove Red Hat's ksyms before you rebuilt your
> kernel with a different configuration?

I had no clue about it until you mentioned it. Then I looked at the man
of ksyms, etc.... So, to answer your question I never did anything about
these symbols. Can you tell me more about removing ksyms? I never saw
any mention of it before! I just make xconfig,, make dep, make bzImage,
modules etc...
But as a matter of fact I am currently experiencing problems compiling
kernel 2.4.20-18.9 modules andit seems to be a config problems because
it incorrectly parse kernel.h  and/or module.h, starting at lines using
"extern"

> Were your kernel sources available when you rebuilt AFS?  Did
> AFS find them?

yes to both questions.

Please let me know what you expect me to do about these ksyms before
compiling.... Note that I also tried the binaries provided by openAFS...
Why would these also fail?

thanks,
Johann