[OpenAFS] AFS and Oracle

Brian Huntley bhuntley@clarkson.edu
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:15:08 -0400

--=_alternative 00434CCD85256D44_=

Good morning, Dave...

We run Oracle 8i on a couple of AIX systems with the Transarc AFS client.
Awhile back, there used to be issues with older versions of Oracle and the
kernel module for AFS not working nice together, but I think that was
under 8.0.something... Seems to work w/o a hitch now.

HTH
-b
--
Brian T. Huntley, Systems Administrator
Office of Information Technology

Dave McMurtrie <dgm+@pitt.edu>
Sent by: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org
06/12/2003 03:32 PM

openafs-info@openafs.org
cc

Subject
[OpenAFS] AFS and Oracle

Is anybody running afs client on the same machine as an Oracle database?
I'm not interested in installing Oracle in AFS, or running Oracle out of
AFS, or storing anything that Oracle cares about in AFS.

Literally, we'll just have home directories in AFS on a machine that
happens to run Oracle.

If anyone has this setup, I'd appreciate hearing about any problems you've
had.  If you haven't had any problems, I'd like to hear that also.

Thanks,

Dave
--
Dave McMurtrie, Systems Programmer
University of Pittsburgh

--=_alternative 00434CCD85256D44_=

systems with the Transarc AFS client. &nbsp;Awhile back, there used to
be issues with older versions of Oracle and the kernel module for AFS not
working nice together, but I think that was under 8.0.something... Seems
to work w/o a hitch now.</font>
Brian T. Huntley, Systems Administrator<br>
Office of Information Technology<br>
Clarkson University<br>
bhuntley@clarkson.edu -- 315.268.6723<br>
&quot;UNIX *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends
are.&quot;<br>
as an Oracle database?<br>
I'm not interested in installing Oracle in AFS, or running Oracle out of<br>
AFS, or storing anything that Oracle cares about in AFS.<br>
Literally, we'll just have home directories in AFS on a machine that<br>
happens to run Oracle.<br>
If anyone has this setup, I'd appreciate hearing about any problems you've<br>
had. &nbsp;If you haven't had any problems, I'd like to hear that also.<br>
Thanks,<br>
Dave<br>
--<br>
Dave McMurtrie, Systems Programmer<br>
University of Pittsburgh<br>
Computing Services and Systems Development,<br>
Development Services -- UNIX and VMS Services<br>
717P Cathedral of Learning<br>
(412)-624-6413<br>