[OpenAFS] No check server daemon in client. (??)

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:21:48 +0200

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 03:57:21PM +0200, Markus Skowronek wrote:

> after using openafs several months without major problems.
>
> now afsd fails to start:
>
> kde00:~ # /etc/init.d/afs start
> Starting AFS services.....
> afsd: No check server daemon in client.
> afsd: All AFS daemons started.
> afsd: Can't mount AFS on /afs(22)

This is a very strange error. It can usually be cured by recompiling the
whole AFS stuff. It seems to be caused by corruption of the afsd binary...

> recomiling against recent glibc-(devel) didn't helped any further

Uh. This is bad. I was usually able to cure the symptom by recompiling
everything...

HTH! Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/