[OpenAFS] Help with linux openafs kernel compile

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
18 Jun 2003 21:48:36 -0400

Adam Done <donestudios@gmx.net> writes:

> This is good to know.  I will def use ext3 partition for the client
> cache.  Do I need a client cache or any other cache on the server also?

You only need a cache if you intend to run an AFS Client.  The
AFS Client is orthogonal to the AFS Server.  If you only run
an AFS Server on a machine then no, you do not need a cache partition.
However, if you run an AFS Client on your AFS Server machine, then
yes, you need a cache for the AFS Client.  (In case you didn't parse
this, a single machine can be both a client and a server, and indeed
can be a client in cell A and a server for cell B).

-derek