[OpenAFS] Linux + 32bit files + butc writing to file = obnoxiousness

Brian J. Smith-Sweeney bsweeney@physics.ucsb.edu
25 Jun 2003 11:14:37 -0700

What are the correct flags to set for this?  Or were you saying that
this is impossible in 1.2.9?

Sorry for the late follow-up post, but this issue got put on the
back-burner and has become  a larger issue as we get closer to
production time.

-Brian
On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 13:23, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> On Fri, 9 May 2003, Robin Yamaguchi wrote:
>
> > My backups write to file, and regardless of what i put in tapeconfig, butc
> > can't write more then 2GB.  I am running 2.4.20-8, ext3, afs 1.2.9 for
> > redhat 9, so I should be able to surpass this filesize limit.  Is this
> > limit hardcoded in butc?
>
> You need the right flags at compile-time. I think we have a patch for this
> but if so it would be "didn't make it into 1.2.9"

Brian Smith-Sweeney
Senior Systems Administrator
University of California, Santa Barbara
Physics Department