[OpenAFS] OpenAFS speed - some benchmarks

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:01:49 -0400

>It's not the setup of the AFS cell so much (although that's certainly an
>issue) as it is the issues of cross-realm authentication.  I know that
>some other schools do this routinely, but I think it would be a pretty
>high learning curve for a lot of our users.

There _really_ isn't there much to know.  "aklog cell" and it Just Works.
If you put a magic file in your home directory, you don't even need to
do that.  I doubt any of our users even know what cross-realm is.

--Ken