[OpenAFS] Replication

Chris Snyder csnyder@mvpsoft.com
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 22:33:17 -0500

We're currently running a small OpenAFS system with a single server. I'm
currently researching what it would take to add a second server for
reliability purposes. This is mainly to ensure uptime of our web sites, which
are stored on AFS. I'd like to have the second server be a read-only mirror
of the master, updated automatically. That way, if the master goes down, the
web server can still get access to the web site files, albeit read-only
(which isn't much of a problem).

I'd like to use replication to accomplish this. As far as I can tell,
replication has to be done manually. Is there a way to have replication be
done automatically other than a cron job? If a cron job is the only method,
will the performance of the servers suffer at all during the replication?
Thanks in advance.