[OpenAFS] Openafs-Client and Windows

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 17:06:56 -0600

Thanks, this may be what we are looking for. Your documentation also looks interesting,
as we run MIT Krb5 as well, including the ms2mit so we can use the W2K domain as te KDC.
We also have something called gssklog which uses GSSAPI and replaces aklog.

What we don't have is a nice integrated login environment for all this.

Thanks.

Rodney M Dyer wrote:

> Mr. Engert,
>
> We mount a global drive to the top of our AFS file system for our users
> called the "n:" drive.  The drive is mounted by a system startup
> script.  Since the drive is mounted by user SYSTEM, once mounted, the users
> can't remove it because they don't have admin privileges.
>
> I know that the AFS client config allows the setup of global drives and
> sub-mounts, but this is an auxiliary function to its purpose.

And the current OpenAFS release, it is commented out. You can define them,
but the  DefineDosDevice() routine is never called.