[OpenAFS] vos create [...] stuck

Mark Nejedlo nejedlo@cs.wisc.edu
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 09:29:38 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, Christian wrote:
> root@mud:/etc/openafs# bos status mud fs -long -noauth
> Instance fs, (type is fs) currently running normally.
>      Auxiliary status is: file server running.
>      Process last started at Sat Jan  4 07:31:33 2003 (17 proc starts)
>      Last exit at Sat Jan  4 07:31:33 2003
>      Last error exit at Sat Jan  4 07:31:33 2003, by vol, by exiting
> with code 1
>      Command 1 is '/usr/lib/openafs/fileserver'
>      Command 2 is '/usr/lib/openafs/volserver'
>      Command 3 is '/usr/lib/openafs/salvager'
>      Command 4 is '/usr/lib/openafs/vlserver'
> -----

This is badly broken.  The VLserver should not be part of the FS instance,
it should have it's own instance.  Also, ptserver is not running at all.
Please read the instructions at
http://www.openafs.org/pages/doc/QuickStartUnix/auqbg002.htm
especially the "Installing the first AFS machine" section.  Migrate to
Krb5 after AFS is running.
Mark

--
Mark Nejedlo	jelloman@nejedlo.net
		http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~nejedlo

I can't help it. I just have all this involuntary empathy for Dawn. Cuz
she's, you know... a big spaz. -- Willow