[OpenAFS] Unknown key version

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 13:44:44 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Hamish Marson wrote:

> I've just installed a new AFS server on the other wise of a firewall.
> The client side stuff works, but the server side stuff isn't working too
> well. When I try to create a volume I get
>
> :/usr/afs/logs# vos create -server <server>  -partition /vicepa -name
> pd.stats -maxquota 10240
> Could not fetch the list of partitions from the server
> rxk: ticket contained unknown key version number
> rxk: ticket contained unknown key version number

if you're using kerberos (kinit) and not klog, try klist -v and see what
version the afs key is. otherwise, run kas -adm (your admin principal) and
examine afs

either way, see if the key version matches the output of bos listkeys
-local on the server.

> Tue Mar 11 16:49:38 2003 VL_RegisterAddrs rpc failed; will retry
> periodically (code=363546, err=0)

translate_et 363546
363546 (vl).26 = No permission access

> Anyone got any ideas?

guessing the key file on the new server is wrong.