[OpenAFS] virus scanner?

Klaas Hagemann kerberos@northsailor.de
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:53:57 +0100

Hi to all,

we want to implemet a system wide virus protetion system (or we have to...).
That is why we want to scan the afs filespace.
Since the virus scanner has no access to the afs space on the client
side (it runs as root normally) and the volumes are not in "plain text"
on the server side, we have some problems.

How do you do virus protection? Is there any way to scan the volumes
directly on the file-server without having access to the file-space?

For backup we want to d something like this: vos dump | vos restore.
Does anybody of you know a virus scanner which could work like this: vos
dump | virusscanner | vos restore ?

On the linux side the virus protection is not critical, but the afs
system is also used by windows client :-(... So i have to care about it.

Any ideas are welcome.
Klaas