[OpenAFS] Windows hangs on login

Ted Anderson TedAnderson@mindspring.com
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 12:26:55 -0500

On 3/21/2003 10:43, Ted Anderson wrote:
> On 3/20/2003 09:38, Ted Anderson wrote:
> I have some more data on this problem.

I finally fixed the problem.  It seems that I left Aventail installed
(network service Asnp) even after I stopped using the VPN system that
needed it.  Then when diffing the registry keys between the desktop
(where logon hung) and the laptop (where it didn't, and Aventail is not
installed) I found that the NetworkProvider order was
"LanmanWorkstation,Asnp,TransarcAFSDaemon".  Probably just changing the
order to make Asnp last, would have sufficed, but I uninstalled it and
the problem with hanging logons went away.

Ted Anderson

P.S. Aventail is one of the most horrible pieces of software I've ever
had the misfortune to deal with.