[OpenAFS] Re: Feasibility: Kerberos+OpenAFS for _MacOS_X_10.2_?

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith@ieee.org
23 Mar 2003 16:17:22 -0500

On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 11:38, Derek Atkins wrote:
> I think the built-in KfM will be good enough to get you tickets,
> but I don't know if the MacOS-X distribution actually includes
> aklog.  Other than that, it should work fine.

Hmmm, my Kerberos experience is pretty limited to PAM UNICIES (i.e. Red
Hat Linux and Sun Solaris).  So will that give me Kerberos 5 support and
work well with the OpenAFS client for MacOS X 10.2?

Sorry for my ignorance and unfamiliarity with OpenAFS in general.

> There are problems with using the standard Mac file system
> due to case-insensitivity.  I would not recommend using a Mac
> as a file server at this point in time.

Okay, noted.  I'm going to try to stick with Red Hat Linux as file
servers, but I've got some pro-Xscale people here to deal with.  ;-ppp

--
Bryan J. Smith        (suffix-free title for your protection)
mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org                http://www.thebs.org