[OpenAFS] Re: Feasibility: Kerberos+OpenAFS for _MacOS_X_10.2_?

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith@ieee.org
23 Mar 2003 16:21:25 -0500

On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 11:41, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> My belief is "no".
> We should probably consider doing something about this, but then the
> question is "the krb4 version, or the krb524 version?". I prefer the 524
> version, for obvious reasons, but I bet it will make some people sad.

Hmmm, being a guy who's only implemented KDC using the stock Red Hat
Linux 7.x Kerberos solution with Red Hat and Solaris clients, I'm
somewhat ignorant here.  I'm sorry for making this more of a Kerberos
thread than OpenAFS, but all commentary on MacOS X 10.2 as a feasible
Kerberos and OpenAFS is greatly appreciated.

> Incidentally, this comment isn't specific to the MacOS packages, but is
> specific to "packages" and not "binary distributions", which means it
> really only applies to MacOS; You provide something for RedHat and I'm
> pretty sure there's something for debian also. On other platforms, well,
> if people have heimdal they already have afslog, and otherwise, we don't
> know what they have.

Again, my ignorant in the different Kerberos solutions are coming into
play.  If there is a different Kerberos solution would work better for
MacOS X 10.2 clients (as well as OpenAFS for it) than the KDC et. al.
that is included with stock Red Hat 7.x/8.0, then let me know and point
me to some URLs.

Everyone's support in this matter is greatly appreciated.

-- Bryan

P.S.  _All_ the MacOS X clients _will_ be at least version 10.2 if that
makes any difference.

--
Bryan J. Smith        (suffix-free title for your protection)
mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org                http://www.thebs.org