[OpenAFS] Re: Feasibility: Kerberos+OpenAFS for _MacOS_X_10.2_?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 11:41:36 -0500 (EST)

On 23 Mar 2003, Derek Atkins wrote:

> "Bryan J. Smith" <b.j.smith@ieee.org> writes:
>
> > I'm curious how the Kerberos client built into MacOS X 10.2 is, or if I
> > should get a third party plug-in (if available)?  Again, at first I'm
> > just going to make accounts local to match the Kerberos server.  I'll
> > get LDAP running later as I add more systems.
>
> I think the built-in KfM will be good enough to get you tickets,
> but I don't know if the MacOS-X distribution actually includes
> aklog.  Other than that, it should work fine.

My belief is "no".

We should probably consider doing something about this, but then the
question is "the krb4 version, or the krb524 version?". I prefer the 524
version, for obvious reasons, but I bet it will make some people sad.

Incidentally, this comment isn't specific to the MacOS packages, but is
specific to "packages" and not "binary distributions", which means it
really only applies to MacOS; You provide something for RedHat and I'm
pretty sure there's something for debian also. On other platforms, well,
if people have heimdal they already have afslog, and otherwise, we don't
know what they have.