[OpenAFS] vos changeaddr -remove isnt removing an unreachable server

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 08:40:50 +0100

there is probably still a volume entry in the vldb which points to this=20
server. Try a "vos listvldb -server <id>" to find out.

Hartmut

Tim Prendergast schrieb:
> Hi,
>=20
> =20
>=20
> I am trying to remove a server from our afs cell, but upon issuing the =

> following:
>=20
> vos changeaddr x.x.x.x =96remove
>=20
> =20
>=20
> I get the following response:
>=20
> Could not remove server x.x.x.x from the VLDB
>=20
> VLDB: volume Id exists in the vldb
>=20
> =20
>=20
> This command is listed in the admin=92s guide as the way to remove=20
> obsolete servers. Since this system is no longer reachable and gone=20
> forever, how can I remove it effectively? Thanks in advance=85
>=20
> =20
>=20
> Regards,
>=20
> Tim Prendergast
>=20
> =20
>=20

--=20
Hartmut Reuter                           e-mail reuter@rzg.mpg.de
					   phone +49-89-3299-1328
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)               fax   +49-89-3299-1301
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)