[OpenAFS] vos changeaddr -remove isnt removing an unreachable server

Tim Prendergast tprendergast@reserveamerica.com
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:40:32 -0800

It looks like all of our volumes have all of our afs servers listed. How
do I remove only the one from all of them so our releases work properly
again? I am trying to remove afsb2 from all of our volumes because our
releases all error out and do not complete to all the clients, citing
the fact that they cannot reach that server.

Example (we have 211 volumes):
tools.java.sun131
    RWrite: 536871140     ROnly: 536871443     Backup: 536871718
    number of sites -> 4
       server afsp partition /vicepa RW Site
       server afsp partition /vicepa RO Site
       server afsb partition /vicepa RO Site
       server afsb2 partition /vicepa RO Site

Regards,
Tim Prendergast

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org
[mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org] On Behalf Of Hartmut Reuter
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 11:41 PM
To: Tim Prendergast
Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] vos changeaddr -remove isnt removing an
unreachable server

there is probably still a volume entry in the vldb which points to this
server. Try a "vos listvldb -server <id>" to find out.

Hartmut

Tim Prendergast schrieb:
> Hi,
>

> I am trying to remove a server from our afs cell, but upon issuing the

> following:
>
> vos changeaddr x.x.x.x -remove
>

> I get the following response:
>
> Could not remove server x.x.x.x from the VLDB
>
> VLDB: volume Id exists in the vldb
>

> This command is listed in the admin's guide as the way to remove
> obsolete servers. Since this system is no longer reachable and gone
> forever, how can I remove it effectively? Thanks in advance.
>

> Regards,
>
> Tim Prendergast

Hartmut Reuter                           e-mail reuter@rzg.mpg.de
					   phone +49-89-3299-1328
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)               fax   +49-89-3299-1301
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)