[OpenAFS] AFS 1.2.8 fileserver Failing in GetClient()

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:27:39 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Douglas E. Engert wrote:

> After looking at the AFS Bug Tracking, this problem looks like an old problem,
> 1257, which was resolved on 2/3/3.
>
> But the resolution looks like it only added some extra error messages, not solved
> the problem. The comments indicate that backing off to 1.2.6 did not solve the problem,
> but a patch from lha@stacken.kth.se might have. It is not clear what the patch
> is, or if it is in the current source.

As I recall several patches that went into src/viced/host.c (and possibly
some related changed in other files) happened to try to fix this. Those
changes should all be in the last 1.2.9 release candidate. A diff of that
against 1.2.8 would probably work, but if not I can try to hunt out the
deltas tomorrow.