[OpenAFS] AFS 1.2.8 fileserver Failing in GetClient()

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:45:04 -0600

Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Douglas E. Engert wrote:
>
> > After looking at the AFS Bug Tracking, this problem looks like an old problem,
> > 1257, which was resolved on 2/3/3.
> >
> > But the resolution looks like it only added some extra error messages, not solved
> > the problem. The comments indicate that backing off to 1.2.6 did not solve the problem,
> > but a patch from lha@stacken.kth.se might have. It is not clear what the patch
> > is, or if it is in the current source.
>
> As I recall several patches that went into src/viced/host.c (and possibly
> some related changed in other files) happened to try to fix this. Those
> changes should all be in the last 1.2.9 release candidate. A diff of that
> against 1.2.8 would probably work, but if not I can try to hunt out the
> deltas tomorrow.

Looking at bug 1257, it loks like the main change is to move the two lines

 h_Hold_r(host);
 h_Lock_r(host);

which is in hosts.c between 1.2.7.8 and 1.2.7.9
and called STABLE12-viced-alloc-hosts-held-and-locked-20030114

I am going to try and built the 1.2.8 with this change. If you see any
reason not to please let me know.

Thanks.