[OpenAFS] re: my afs wish list

John Rudd jrudd@ucsc.edu
Thu, 1 May 2003 00:06:46 -0700

It would seem to me that the best choice would be to "not chose one,
instead support many".  Allow the site to chose for itself whether it
will store its account info in file, NIS, Hesiod, or LDAP.  And maybe
even support hooks for people to extend it for their own mechanisms
(NIS+ and NetInfo come to mind).  If you do it right, you could even
use the existing nsswitch libraries that are already out there.