[OpenAFS] AFS - ACL Bug

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri, 2 May 2003 14:05:15 +0200

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 01:18:27PM +0200, Nelson Chamba wrote:

> How can i do with this problem.
>
> I need to give thoses 5 user the same rigths (all) to the same directory
> so....
>
> Your can check this:
>
> [root@afs root]# fs listacl /afs/ciuem.mz/home/cisco/
> Access list for /afs/ciuem.mz/home/cisco/ is
>
> Normal rights:
> system:administrator rlidwka
> user 1 rlidwka
> user 2 rlidwka
> user 3 rlidwka
> user 4 rlidwka
> user 5 rlidwka
>
> But when i try to manager i got this message "unable to create folder
> folder, the media is write protected"

Is it possible that you are trying to write to a read-only volume?
When there is a RO-clone of the volume holding "home" and a RO-clone of
the volume holding "cisco" and none of the mountpoints is explicitly an
RW mountpoint, you end up in the RO clone of the volume holding "cisco".

Or do you mean that the administrator is able to write to the directory?
The last thing I can think of: Check the permissions of the directory.
I'm not sure whether they are honored here but a missing "w" for user
might render the directory write-protected... just a guess.

HTH! Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/