[OpenAFS] -dynroot problem on OSX

Alexei Kosut akosut@cs.stanford.edu
Sat, 3 May 2003 13:23:09 -0500

On Saturday, May 3, 2003, at 03:55  AM, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
> OpenAFS 1.2.7  I put
> -stat 2000 -dcache 800 -daemons 3 -volumes 70 -dynroot
> in the afsd.options file.  When restarted I could ls /afs and get
> everything in the CellServDB but anything below that and the process
> would hang (for a long time).  The hang is for both the local jpl cell
> and for mit.
>
> Is there something funny about those other options with dynroot, or is
> it that the option is funny on OSX, or that it doesn't work until
> 1.2.8, or. . .

I've used that exact afsd.options file on Mac OS X with both 1.2.7 and
1.2.9, with no problems.  Unfortunately, I don't know what might be
causing this for you.

Out of curiosity, are you accessing /afs from the Finder or from a
Terminal prompt?

--
Alexei Kosut <akosut@cs.stanford.edu> <http://cs.stanford.edu/~akosut/>