[OpenAFS] -dynroot problem on OSX

Henry B. Hotz hotz@jpl.nasa.gov
Sat, 3 May 2003 01:55:40 -0700

OpenAFS 1.2.7  I put
-stat 2000 -dcache 800 -daemons 3 -volumes 70 -dynroot
in the afsd.options file.  When restarted I could ls /afs and get
everything in the CellServDB but anything below that and the process
would hang (for a long time).  The hang is for both the local jpl
cell and for mit.

Is there something funny about those other options with dynroot, or
is it that the option is funny on OSX, or that it doesn't work until
1.2.8, or. . .

Normally I run with no options file.  Works fine, but MIT isn't in JPL's root.