[OpenAFS] problems installing AFS

sharun santhosh sharun_s49@yahoo.com
Thu, 8 May 2003 10:32:52 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to install openafs-1.2.9 from the
openafs-1.2.9-src.tar file I found on the openafs
website.
The documentation file that comes along with it refers
to the openAFS cdrom and talks about
#Creating AFS-related directories on the local disk
#Incorporating AFS modifications into the machine's
kernel
# Configuring partitions or logical volumes for
storing AFS volumes................

BUT

the README and INSTALL files that come along with the
tar file talk about how to compile the code.

I have no clue how to proceed after that.
Maybe I am looking at the wrong documentation.After
compiling the code please let me know what I should do
or point me at the right installation guide.

I need AFS running on two redhat8 linux
machines(server,client).

Thanks