[OpenAFS] Linux + 32bit files + butc writing to file = obnoxiousness

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 13 May 2003 13:49:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Robin Yamaguchi wrote:

> Thank you Derrick for your help thus far.
>
> A multitheaded core dump patch doesn't seem to be available for 2.4.20,
> which is what Redhat 9 ships with.

It's ok to, you know, "port it."

> I installed 2.4.18 from source, using
> my current config, and installed the patch.  After booting 2.4.18, I
> recompiled the afs module from the openafs-kernel-src.rpm.

> Despite all of the above, we're still pushing a deadline to get this server
> into production.  Along with getting a new raid card, we're thinking about
> running redhat 7.3, and openafs 1.2.8 - we used this os and afs version on
> our test server for a few months without any of the issues i've been
> outlining.  I'd love to figure out what the hell is going on w/ out
> current situation, but time is running out for us.
>
> Before we proceed, do you guys have any more ideas, suggestions, warnings
> involving using 1.2.8?

I'm tempted to say "wait for the 1.2.10 or whatever it ends up being
called release candidate", because I wouldn't want to go back to 1.2.8,
but there are several fixes since 1.2.9 in the pipe.