[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.2.9 Not Working with RH Kernel

Computers in Medicine pittmed@pittmed.pitt.edu
Sun, 18 May 2003 12:45:32 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Derek Atkins" <warlord@MIT.EDU>
To: "Computers in Medicine" <pittmed@pittmed.pitt.edu>
Cc: <openafs-info@openafs.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2003 11:20 AM
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.2.9 Not Working with RH Kernel

"Computers in Medicine" <pittmed@pittmed.pitt.edu> writes:

> Then I did the following:
>
> cd /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
> bzip2 -d openafs-1.2.9.tar.bz2
> tar -xf openafs-1.2.9.tar
> cd openafs-1.2.9
> ./configure --enable-transarc-paths
> make
> make dest
> cp src/libafs/MODLOAD-2.4.20-13.7/libafs-2.4.20-13.7.o
> /usr/vice/etc/modload/
> cd /usr/vice/etc/modload
> ../afsmodname -f SymTable.local -g libafs-2.4.20-13.7.o

>Uh, _THIS_ I don't understand..  You've got openafs-kernel-source
>installed -- why not use it?  cd /usr/src/openafs-1.2.9 and follow
>the instructions.

I thought you said to compile the RPM source, which I thought I was doing.
Apparently not.  I searched my file system for anything related to openafs,
and it looked like what was in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES was the RPM source.
Apparently I was missing something.

Here's what I did now

cd /usr/src/openafs-1.2.9
./configure --enable-transarc-paths
make
make install

And now everything works.  Thanks very much!