[OpenAFS] Knfs doesn't work on an AFS/NFS translator under OpenAFS

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Fri, 23 May 2003 13:53:10 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> IIRC there was some problem after you went past some version of
> nextstep, maybe 3.4, but that might have been kerberized telnet and not
> afs. All very fuzzy, it's been probably 6 years now.

It was a Y2K thing with 3.3, actually.  IIRC, AFS 3.4a only supported up
to NextStep 3.3, and Transarc had no intention of releasing support for
3.4.  So, pretty much people with NeXT boxes with AFS were SOL after
1/1/2000.

In 1998-ish, we'd already decided to phase out our NeXT infrastructure, so
even with our source license, we didn't put any effort into porting it
over.

[ t charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]