[OpenAFS] stock 2.4.19 - sys_call_table

David Botsch dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu
Mon, 26 May 2003 20:06:39 -0400

I'm trying to build against a stock 2.4.19 kernel from kernel.org.

(I actually have a redhat 7.1 box, but the kernel is custom compiled from
kernel.org due to needing win4lin and sgi XFS patches).

I've tried both 1.2.8 and 1.2.9 source rpms from redhat 7.3, 8, and 9 and all
give me the same result:

checking for sigmask_lock in struct task_struct... yes
checking for exported init_mm... no
checking for exported kallsyms_address_to_symbol... no
checking for exported kallsyms_symbol_to_address... no
checking for exported sys_call_table... no
checking for exported sys_chdir... no
checking for exported sys_close... no
configure: error: no available sys_call_table access method
+ exit 1

----
Wasn't 1.2.9 supposed to get around this problem somehow?

Maybe there's something I need to turn on in the 2.4.19 stock kernel compile
which I did not turn on?

Thanks!

--
David William Botsch