[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.2.9 binaries crash Solaris 8 on Intel

John Tang Boyland boyland@solomons.cs.uwm.edu
Tue, 27 May 2003 17:09:51 -0500

I had been using an old version of OpenAFS on my Solaris 8 on Intel
machine, but after installing some new patches from Sun, modload
crashed the kernel.

I picked up the OpenAFS 1.2.9 bundle for Solaris 8 on Intel and
installed afsd, libafs.nonfs.o, C/* and the pam libraries.  I left
everything else the same (in particular, afs.rc seemed unchanged).
But now when I start up AFS, the system freezes after printing the
message "Loading AFS kernel extensions" and after a while reboots.
It doesn't print any panic message (as it used to with the older version)
Apparently it dumped core because the reboot found a core file.

Any pointers on what I'm doing wrong, or what I can do to diagnose the
problems?

Thanks!

John