[OpenAFS] problem loading linux afs kernel module

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 29 May 2003 00:12:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 28 May 2003, Yang, Haichuan wrote:

> AS far as I can see from .config, both of the kernels were compiled
> with:

sure, but build the module against the kernel you're running, not some
other second kernel that you aren't.

> CONFIG_MODULES=y
> CONFIG_MODVERSIONS=y
> CONFIG_KMOD=y
>
> which has these set in "Loadable module support":
>
> [*] Enable loadable module support
> [*]   Set version information on all module symbols
> [*]   Kernel module loader
>
> The only difference I noticed is that the second kernel doesn't have
> CONFIG_NETFILTER set (which might be needed for these sock_* symbols?).
> I'm not sure.

it might change the versions of them. It's not "sock_create doesn't
exist",  it's "sock_create_Rsmp_34857346" or whatever doesn't exist, but
"sock_create_Rsmp_12345678" might. They aren't the same.

> I'm going to compile the afs module for the second kernel. That most
> probably would solve the problem.

That's good, because it's also the correct solution.