[OpenAFS] problem loading linux afs kernel module

Yang, Haichuan haiyang@indiana.edu
Wed, 28 May 2003 22:43:16 -0500

AS far as I can see from .config, both of the kernels were compiled
with:

CONFIG_MODULES=3Dy
CONFIG_MODVERSIONS=3Dy
CONFIG_KMOD=3Dy

which has these set in "Loadable module support":

[*] Enable loadable module support                          =20
[*]   Set version information on all module symbols         =20
[*]   Kernel module loader     =20

The only difference I noticed is that the second kernel doesn't have
CONFIG_NETFILTER set (which might be needed for these sock_* symbols?).=20
I'm not sure.

I'm going to compile the afs module for the second kernel. That most
probably would solve the problem.

Thanks for the help.
Haichuan=20