[OpenAFS] OpenAFS+KerberosV permission problem

Richard Wallace rwallace@a--i--m.com
Wed, 28 May 2003 21:27:57 -0700

Derrick J Brashear wrote:

>On Wed, 28 May 2003, Richard Wallace wrote:
>

>>But if I run it with -noauth or before getting a ticket (which reverts
>>to a noauth) it displays the users info as:
>>Name: rwallace, id: 1000, owner: system:administrators, creator: anonymous,
>>    membership: 1, flags: S----, group quota: unlimited.
>>
>>Clearly the user is there with an id of 1000, so why is pts reporting it
>>can't find it?
>>

>because when you send ptserver authentication it doesn't like, it laughs
>at you, instead of dropping it and trying your operation, presumably.
>
>can you put your krb5.conf (from the kdc, which i assume is the same host
>anyway) somewhere we can see it?

Here it is...

[libdefaults]
    ticket_lifetime = 600
    default_realm = HABITAT.THEWALLACEPACK.NET
    default_tkt_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1 des-cbc-crc
    default_tgs_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1 des-cbc-crc

[realms]
    HABITAT.THEWALLACEPACK.NET = {
    kdc = kerberos.habitat.thewallacepack.net:88
    kdc = kerberos2.habitat.thewallacepack.net:88
    admin_server = kerberos.habitat.thewallacepack.net:749
    }

[domain_realm]
    .habitat.thewallacepack.net = HABITAT.THEWALLACEPACK.NET
    habitat.thewallacepack.net = HABITAT.THEWALLACEPACK.NET

[kdc]
    profile = /etc/krb5kdc/kdc.conf

[logging]
    kdc = FILE:/var/log/mit-krb5/krb5kdc.log
    admin_server = FILE:/var/log/mit-krb5/kadmin.log
    default = FILE:/var/log/mit-krb5/krb5lib.log

Not much too it.  Is there something I should be adding for openafs?
And yes, the kdc and openafs are running on the same machine (it's just
my home network that I'm using for testing 'cause ldap+krb5+afs seems
like such a cool combo =)