[OpenAFS] Re: [Q] Sudden stop of fileserver service.

Joe Buehler jbuehler@hekimian.com
Fri, 07 Nov 2003 09:47:52 -0500

NeXT wrote:

> We have encountered an odd problem; one of our file server sometimes
> does not
> privide any service(we know this because of only volumes in that
> fileserver we cannot
> reach the mount point). vos examine shows all volumes are online. And
> log files say nothing,
> also does dmesg(we are using linux-RedHat 8.0)

We were having this problem on Redhat 9 with 1.2.10.  Currently we are
running the old fileserver process that uses lwp instead of pthreads
(you have to build it yourself, it's not in the RPMs) and it seems
to be working better.  But we'll see how it goes over the next couple
weeks...
--
Joe Buehler