[OpenAFS] Re: [Q] Sudden stop of fileserver service.

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 14:53:42 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Joe Buehler wrote:

> We were having this problem on Redhat 9 with 1.2.10.  Currently we are
> running the old fileserver process that uses lwp instead of pthreads
> (you have to build it yourself, it's not in the RPMs) and it seems
> to be working better.  But we'll see how it goes over the next couple
> weeks...

You can also force fallback to the older pthread model (and use the
pthread fileserver) on Linux, but it's sort of troubling that our
fileserver works with everyone's pthreads except the "new" Linux version,
which makes me wonder if it's buggy.