[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.2.10a on Tru64 5.1a

Andy Malato andym@oak.njit.edu
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:58:18 -0500 (EST)

Has anyone been able to get the latest version of OpenAFS to run on
Tru64 5.1a?   I downloaded the source and built it on a Tru64 5.1a
system.  While I didn't get any errors during the build process,
everything seemed to build cleanly, it is still not useable.   When I
attempt a login other than root, the machine goes into a kernel panic.

I have a few questions:

 1.)  Does anyone have a work around for this?

 2.)  What is the future of OpenAFS and Tru64?  IBM has apparently put
      an end to development on this platform as it became EOL in June of
      2003.

Thanks,

         ---Andy