[OpenAFS] Which Linux for OpenAFS

Nick Burrett nick@dsvr.net
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:27:27 +0000

John Hascall wrote:
> If one was starting a PC-based OpenAFS Cell from scratch
> and so one had their choice of which release of Linux to
> use (I see RH 7.1/2/3, 8.0, 9.0 and Debian 3.0 are available
> for 1.2.10a), which one would one pick so as to have the
> best experience?

I'm doing exactly that now.  I've chosen RedHat 9 because all of our
systems here are derived from either a RedHat 7.2 or 8 releases.

Since all of the internal servers are moving from RedHat 8 to 9, I
thought it made better sense to start with a more up-to-date operating
system.

It is better to base your decision on the operating system that you are
most familar with.

Regards,

Nick.

--