[OpenAFS] cross plateform authentication

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:32:33 -0600

Dinesh Taneja wrote:

> Hi
>
> This mail is in continuation of my previous mail.
> I have tried the HPUX 11.00 as afs server and Solaris
> 2.7 as afs client. If I give command klog admin and
> then password. It says password mismatched. This
> problem I am facing in all croos plateform
> authentication. This is urgently required.

Can you check the following:

 Are the clocks on all machines within a few minutes of each other.

 What is the cell name? Does the client and server assume
 the same cell as the default? Try "fs wcell" on both
 server and client.

 Does the "klog admin" work on the server machine, but not the client?

 Check that the correct klog is being used.