[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on Fedora Core 1 [working RPMs]

Charles Duffy cduffy@spamcop.net
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:22:12 -0600

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 09:18, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Charles Duffy <cduffy@spamcop.net> writes:
>
> > For 'yall's info, I've had success with the Realm Linux OpenAFS RPMs
> > based on FC1, maintained by Jack Neely. They're still only available in
> > his development repository, and thus a work-in-progress, but they *do*
> > WORKFORME.
>
> Um.. what changes did you need to make?

None whatsoever.

One difference I've noticed, however, is that it refuses to start
without a CellServDB -- even when VLDB information for the current cell
is available via DNS. Since I don't see any checking in the associated
scripts, though, I'm not sure if this is an upstream change or not.