[OpenAFS] cpu load

Jenkins, Steven JENKINSS@mail.etsu.edu
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:15:47 -0500

From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 2:18 PM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: [OpenAFS] cpu load

 Dear All,
          I have an AFS server running linux.
"
Linux version 2.4.18-3 (bhcompile@daffy.perf.redhat.com) (gcc version
2.96=20
20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.3 2.96-110)) #1 Thu Apr 18 07:37:53 EDT 2002 "
If one run "uptime" you get

uptime
  7:15pm  up 11:11,  2 users,  load average: 2.36, 2.59, 2.66

Most of the load used by:
 26 root      16   0     0    0     0 RW   32.0  0.0 161:09 raid1d
 27 root      15   0     0    0     0 DW   11.5  0.0  67:12 raid1syncd

 does anyone know how to get the load down please?

 Thanks,  Sabah.

--=20
*     From Sabah Salih                                                *
*     Department of Physics and Astronomy,                            *
*     The University of Manchester, Oxford Rd, Manchester M13 9PL     *
*     Tel: +44 1612754171 or  x4171 Mobile: 07941344515               *
*     E-mail: sabah@hep.man.ac.uk                                     *
*     48 Danes Road, Fallowfield, Manchester			      *
*      M14 5JS							      *