[OpenAFS] Force host CPS refresh?

Ray Link rlink+@pitt.edu
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:47:59 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> > Any chance that this can be made into an fs subcommand?  (Something
> > like "fs flushcps -host <host>+ -server <server>+")  Or will the bug in
> > pre-1.2.9 fileservers prevent this from going in for a while?
>
> it would probably be anti-clever to put a gun in the hand of every afs
> user and say "now don't shoot anyone".

Hence the paragraph that followed.  I was hoping that the RX call in
question might have been limited to admins of the local cell only or
something, explaining the lack of security bulletin.  I couldn't find
the actual code (that doesn't care who calls it) until after I sent the
email and then decided to start grepping with a -i.

> > Also, doesn't this present a the risk of a DoS attack vs. pre-1.2.9
> > fileservers?  > > yes, actually. i think we just dropped the ball
on publicizing it.

Cool.  Now I have an excuse to upgrade my fileservers.  :)

==== Ray Link === University of Pittsburgh CSSD === rlink@pitt.edu ====
   ==== PGP/GPG Key:  http://www.pitt.edu/~rlink/gpgkey.asc.txt ====

There is no spoon, only Zuul.