[OpenAFS] Force host CPS refresh?

Ray Link rlink+@pitt.edu
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:20:55 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

> The fileserver does support an operation to do this, but in fileserver
> versions prior to 1.2.9, it is buggy and will cause the server to crash.
> You can find a 'flushcps' program which calls this RPC in
>
> /afs/cs.cmu.edu/misc/afstools/src/util/flushcps.c

Any chance that this can be made into an fs subcommand?  (Something
like "fs flushcps -host <host>+ -server <server>+")  Or will the bug in
pre-1.2.9 fileservers prevent this from going in for a while?

Also, doesn't this present a the risk of a DoS attack vs. pre-1.2.9
fileservers?  I can't find anything in the 1.2.9 or 1.2.10 ChangeLog
about this, other than some changes to flushcps's behaviour in 1.2.9 --
i.e. no mention of fileserver crashes resulting from it.

==== Ray Link === University of Pittsburgh CSSD === rlink@pitt.edu ====
   ==== PGP/GPG Key:  http://www.pitt.edu/~rlink/gpgkey.asc.txt ====

"You know, I bet we'd all be better off if CMU had made me take
sensitivity training."    -- Derrick Brashear