[OpenAFS] Fileserver loses contact with itself

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:40:11 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Mattias Amnefelt wrote:

> http://www.e.kth.se/~mattiasa/openafs/thread_apply_all_where or
> /afs/e.kth.se/home/staff/mattiasa/public_html/openafs/thread_apply_all_where
> respectively.

they're all waiting on the same thing, apparently. of course, i'm guessing
gdb has nothing so sophisticated as the thread -blockedby stuff in Solaris
dbx, right?

> On one occation I sent SIGXCPU to the fileserver to get some debuginfo,
> and when I looked after I hade sent the signal, the fileserver had
> started to respond again. On another occation I attached with the
> debugger and got the thread listing above, and when the fileserver
> continued it had started responding. I don't know if my actions are
> related to the behaviour or not though.

Hm. Perhaps something's changed with respect to signal handling. Still,
I'm not sure what signal would be being handled beforehand to trigger the
whole mess.